Monday, October 24, 2011

Shepherdsville Birds

I took a trip to Shephardsville to visit the Cedar Grove Industrial Park a couple weekends ago to scout for birds for my upcoming field trip this Sunday.  I found a few birds that were nice enough to come close for photographs.  It looks like the weather is going to be colder this weekend so I don't expect to see too many warblers on this trip.  Usually I can count on a couple Palm Warblers or Common Yellowthroats on the trip, but this year it is later than usual and the cold weather will likely encourage any remaining birds to flee south in search of warmer climes.  There should be plenty of sparrows as usual.  Last year we saw dozens of White-crowned Sparrows and in years before we have logged White-throated, Savannah, Swamp, Vesper, and more.  We could encounter some Dark-eyed Juncos as well.  Some come on out and get your FOS sparrows with me and the Beckham Bird Club.  Without any further ado, a couple birds from my scouting trip.

American Crow
American Crow

Northern Mockingbird

Northern Mockingbird
Northern Mockingbird

Common Yellowthroat
Common Yellowthroat

1 comments:

Mia McPherson said...

Ryan,

I especially like the Mocker shown horizontal, the colors are great and the framing of the subject is interesting.

Mia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis


 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Walgreens Printable Coupons